Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Children should be seen and not heard. - My Father.

I bought my house 11 years ago in a working class neighborhood in Philadelphia. Not one of the HIP ones just a normal one, not far from where I grew up. The 'hood was developed in the 50's, so when I moved in there were still some original owners and a few established families here. Many really nice OLD PEOPLE. But, it's changed. There are now 6 or 7 NEW families on the block (with multiple children) and they congregate or should I say used to congregate on my front steps, lawn, sidewalk, patio, further away front steps, and from time to time the side yard, they all made friends with the neighbors that shared the front steps with us... NEW neighbors.. or should I say neighbeers? Constantly partying, nightly hang outs on the front porch, It got old, quick. I stopped going outside. Then THE incident. It was a Saturday night around 1030 (I hadn't slept the night before cause, guess who was having a party... ok, I figured they'd take a night off... nope) there was around 8 children having razor scooter races up and down the sidewalk SCREAMING at the top of there lungs... 2 parties going on and almost every neighbor on the block hanging on the neighbeers patio. I busted out of my house screaming about the kids and the noise and said many, many, (police academy "many") awful things. A year of pleasantries out the window. The cops were at my door an hour later. I felt awful about it. Tried to apologize but I was met with threats thrown at me. So I just avoid them as much as possible, now more than before.This was a double Veggie burger with grilled pineapple and avacado, tomato, and black bean salsa with pepper jack and cheddar, from The Counter in Hawaii, my real home. This spot is owned by the JIN from LOST... Michael and Jin we're grubbin' when Heather and I went.
Little did they know they were dining in the same room with the dude from NMB!!!!!!!!

BBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment